CLASS INFORMATION COMING SOON
Newton Area Chamber of Commerce
Leadership Newton Council
“Leadership programs must see themselves as the leadership umbrella of the community, responsible for quality leadership in all aspects of the community. To do this they must be constantly looking for ways to partner with other parts of the community to prepare people for leadership participation.”
Pat Heiny and Mary Jo Clark
Leadership Newton Council:
Chair – Chief Scott Metzler
Vice Chair – Shelley Black
Secretary – Pam Stevens
To function as a designated sub-committee of the Newton Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors in developing and promoting a community leadership program. The NACC Board has determined formal leadership development is a necessary tool to help strengthen the community.
Objectives and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Product Development – determine program purpose and create course offerings to meet community needs. Actively research options to evolve and adapt to changing environment.
- Budget/Finance – develop an annual budget for the program, seek budget approval from the Newton Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, review financial reports not less than quarterly, report financial status to the Board of Directors as requested, provide support to Chamber staff in completing A/R and A/P functions as needed.
- Curriculum – devise course offerings to meet program objectives
- Marketing/Promotion – media coverage, newsletter articles, Twitter/Facebook/Blog, Chamber breakfast reports, class events/receptions, class member highlights at Annual Banquet, etc.
- Participant recruitment – phone calls, personal visits, one-on-one meetings, development of recruiting materials, reporting prospects for future recruitment)
- Session Oversight – room set up, introduction of lunch sponsors, general coordination of facility/refreshments/clean up (either direct or via designee)
- Collaboration – Support other leadership development initiatives in the city and County, including Newton Young Professionals, for the mutual benefit of the Chamber and community at large.
- Frequency of meetings will be determined by the Committee members and in order to fulfill the program objectives. An agenda will be prepared by the Committee Chair.
- Report program activities to the Chamber Board of Directors as requested by the Executive Committee. A formal report to be submitted not less than annually.
- Members of the Newton Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors (at least three) – one shall serve as Chair of the Committee; one shall serve as Vice-Chair of the Committee
- Executive Director of Newton Area Chamber of Commerce
- Graduates of the Leadership Newton Program (at least two)