CHAMBER BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Gary Hill, Chamber Board President
Berkshire Hathaway Home Services
Citizens State Bank
Ken Knepper, Past-President
Citizens State Bank
B & B Lumber
Kidron Bethel Village
Interested in becoming a part of the Chamber Board of Directors? Click the button below to access the application.
Director of Marketing and Communication
Director of Membership Investments
Director of Financial Operations
Purpose: Shall act on behalf of the Board of Directors when the Board is not in session, provides direction to CEO; works with CEO on internal affairs. Is responsible to the Board.
Meetings: Monthly, 2nd Wednesday at 7:00 a.m. in Board Room
OTHER CHAMBER COMMITTEES:
- Greater Newton Foundation: Oversees and makes policy decisions for Greater Newton Foundation Investment. Staff contact: Pam Stevens, Executive Director.
- Past Presidents: Developed to allow Chamber board past presidents the opportunity to stay engaged with the Chamber and events that are happening in our community. Staff contact: Pam Stevens, Executive Director.
- Community Development Administration Council: A group of individuals from several industries around our community that discuss local issues and work together to develop solutions. Staff contact: Pam Stevens, Executive Director.
- Public/Private Partners Committee: The purpose of this group is to act as an incubator for progressive thinking to improve our community by building social capital and developing strategies to make Newton a better place to live. Staff contact: Pam Stevens, Executive Director.
- Chamber Ambassadors: The purpose of this group is to continue to grow membership while strengthening relationships with current members. Members serve as hosts at Chamber events and promote Chamber good-will throughout the community. Staff contact: Mary McCabe, Director of Membership Investments.
- Newton Central Business District Program (“Promotions Committee”): This committee is made up of various representatives of Newton’s Central Business District (downtown area). The purpose of this group is to coordinate different ad hoc and task forces to strategize and market for image building, retail/business promotion, and special events that grow the prosperity of Newton’s downtown area. Staff contact: Dyan Roberson, Director of Financial Operations.
- Leadership Newton Council: The purpose of this council is to function as a designated sub-committee of the Newton Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors in developing and promoting a community leadership programs. The NACC Board has determined formal leadership development is a necessary tool to help strengthen the community. Staff contact: Pam Stevens, Executive Director.
- Newton Young Professionals (NYP): The mission of this organization is to provide opportunities for networking, community involvement and growth for young professionals and businesses in the Newton area. For more information, visit www.newtonyp.com. Staff contact: Rachael Gibbons, Director of Marketing & Communications, NYP Liaison.