Current Health Plan Phase: Extended Enrollment Deadline
As you are aware, the Chamber has been working toward establishing a health plan for all of its members to take advantage of. Over the past several months, we were moving ahead with the goal of our health coverage beginning July 1st. However, with the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, our plans and priorities had to refocus.
We wish to kick off our health insurance program while including as many people who wish to participate as possible. We know that the current state of the pandemic and the future uncertainty which it has caused has been a major obstacle for many, causing the adoption of a new health insurance program to become a lesser priority when faced with the responsibility of protecting our communities and keeping our businesses alive.
Because you as members drive us to find creative ways to foster positive change in our community, we will do whatever it takes to provide you value with the effort put forth for our Chamber sponsored health plan. Therefore, we would like to extend the anticipated start date of the Chamber Health Insurance program to January 1st, 2021, giving more businesses the chance to participate once we are hopefully on the other side of our current situation. In the meantime, be on the lookout for new information about health questionnaires, forums, and plan enrollment toward the end of the summer! We look forward to the opportunity to provide you with this great benefit as a part of your Chamber membership. Stay tuned!
What IS the Chamber Health Plan?
- This plan is called a Chamber Association Health Plan (AHP). This type of plan works by allowing small businesses, including self-employed entities as well as sole proprietors, to band together by geography, industry, or Chamber (in this case) to obtain health insurance coverage as if they were a single large employer.
- There will be an employee population participation percentage requirement, so it is imperative that you have all of you employees complete a health questionnaire (read further for more details about the questionnaire).
- Provider Networks: For care in the state of Kansas, all claims will be processed through the ProviDrs Care Network (providrscare.net – access code to search in network providers is PCN). Nationwide coverage will utilize the First Health Network (firsthealth.com).
- Individual Invoicing: Each participating employer will receive their own invoice for the premiums of their participating employees. Premiums will be paid to the plan administrator to pay claims and administer funds accordingly.
- ACA Compliance: because this program is 100% ACA compliant insurance, each employer will be required to pay at least 50% of the most economical single option for each participating employee.
- Health Questionnaires – MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL – You will not be allowed to participate in this Insurance program unless you and your full-time employees completed a health questionnaire. For underwriting purposes, we have to have health history information for each individual participating to determine the rates for this insurance plan.
- You are NOT contractually obligated to this plan until you sign the dotted line at enrollment.
Chamber Health Plan Brochure: The Health Insurance Plan brochure describes the health and prescription plans that are available through the Chamber Health Plan. To view the brochure, click the button link below.
Contact Joshua Sapp, President/CEO of Heartland Benefits Group
(316) 670 – 2856